Affiliates

Balochistan govt confirms 328 dead, 500 injured

Go down

Balochistan govt confirms 328 dead, 500 injured

Post  Bolan on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:36 pm

QUETTA, Sep 25 (APP): The Balochistan government Wednesday confirmed that 328 persons died and 500 were injured in the powerful earthquake in Awaran and Kech districts. This was stated by Spokesman for the Balochistan government, Mir Jan Muhammad Buledi along with Additional Chief Secretary Aslam Shakir Baloch,Secretary Finance Dostain Jamaldini, Secretary Health, Abdul Sabboor Kakar, Director General Provincial Disaster Management Authority Hafiz Abdul Basit and Director General Directorate of Public Relations, Noor Khan Muhammad Hasni, addressing a press conference at Quetta Press Club, here on Wednesday night.He said that according to data, they received from commissioners and deputy commissioners, 328 people had been killed and 500 were injured in Awaran and Kech districts.
“The men, women, children and ageing people were among the dead and injured in different union councils of Awaran and Kech.
The rescue and relief operation continued in the affected areas to retrieve people buried under the debris and shift the injured to hospitals,” Buledi said.
He said that the Pakistan Army and the Frontier Corps had set up their camps in the affected areas and their troops and doctors were carrying out rescue and relief activities there.
Additional Chief Secretary Aslam Shakir Baloch said that the first priority of the government was to rescue the affected people and later, strategy would be chalked out on compensation and rehabilitation.
“About 80 percent houses in Awaran district were damaged by the strong 7.8 magnitude earthquake and rehabilitation of the people rendered homeless by the earthquake would be started after completion of rescue work,” Baloch said.
Director General PDMA, Hafiz said 19 trucks loaded with food stuff, tents and other items had reached the affected areas while 10 more trucks were being dispatched.
He said that separately, seven relief goods-laden trucks had been provided by National Disaster Management Authority.
Secretary Health, Abdul Sabboor said that 30 doctors had reached the affected areas where 25 ambulances were shifting injured to hospitals in collaboration with Eidhi Ambulance Service.
Secretary Finance Jamaldini said that today (Wednesday) they held a meeting with the officials of United Nations agencies and international donors who assured the Balochistan government of their all out cooperation in relief operation in the affected areas.
avatar
Bolan
Admin

Posts : 1240
Join date : 2011-01-08
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum